In 2020, we’ll be hosting a new Local Authors Book Club project with Tzima Brown of Evolve (100.7 The Point) and Sunrise Artisan.
What it’s about:
- Local Authors, local readers connecting in a local venue.
How it works:
- Each month we’ll feature a specific author and book.
- That writer’s work will be discussed on Write On SC (9 a.m. Saturdays) and the writer will appear on Evolve (8 p.m. Saturdays) to discuss artistic pursuit, the business of selling books, and anything else that comes to mind.
- The last Saturday of the month, right after the 9 a.m. Write On SC episode, the club will gather at Sunrise Artisan at 10:10 for coffee and book chat.
- The writer will be there to discuss and to sign copies of the book.
How you participate:
Listen for the selection announcement — or visit the calendar linked here (coming soon) or check out our Facebook page for updates.
Buy the book — Tzima’s shop will have copies but you can also get them on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.com. We’ll list additional places/ways to buy on each announcement.
Listen to the shows — Write On SC airs every Saturday at 9 a.m. and Evolve airs at 8 p.m. on the same day. The selected author will visit to discuss the work, the process, and what’s coming next.
Attend our coffee chat — Show up at Sunrise Artisan at 10:10 a.m. on the last Saturday of the month for coffee, fellowship, and book talk.
Would you like to be a featured author?
Being a Featured Author in the Local Authors Book Club carries the following advantages:
- Selection as the month’s featured book / author
- Social media posts to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter promoting the selection
- 1 60-minute interview on Evolve with Tzima, a weekly radio broadcast with upwards of 500 listeners
- 1 45-minute Book Club meeting
- 1 60-minute tweet chat
- 1 500-word blog post on WriteOnSC.blog and MakeThePointRadio.com as the featured author.
We will also incentivize readers to leave reviews for your book on Amazon and Goodreads.
You can take advantage of this unique way to promote your book locally if:
- Your book has both Print and Kindle publications and is a full-length book.
- You have an up-to-date and active Author’s Page on Amazon.com.
- You have Social Media handles on at least 2 of the three (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) major social platforms and are actively promoting your work as an author.
- You have an Author’s website with links to your books, a calendar of events at which you’ll appear, and other evidence of professionalism.
- You pay a $149 fee in full by the 15th of the month before your designated month (so pay by Jan 15 to be the February Featured Author).
Apply here to be a Featured Author.
Invite your friends. Make this your thing. Let’s form a tribe of literary supporters in the local community.